Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just my imagination




1. Who created this message?
Just my imagination is an acoustic pop song by Irish band The Cranberries. It is the third single fromd the bands fourth album. A music video, directed by Phil Harder and the writer is Dolores Riordan and Noel Hogan.

2. What creative techniques are used to attact my attention?

The title and video are used to show what is an IMAGINATION. The pictures that are used are very funny. It seems to be for children and you can remember what you were in the past when you was a child and when you had a lot of imaginations.

3. How might different people understand this message differently?
In my opinion, I think that this message could have different connotation because the lyrics is not so literal. You can think about love, or something related to you childhood or what do you think about the Imagination, etc.

4.What values, lifestyle and points of view are represented in, or ommited from, this message?

I think that this song wants to say that all of us have Imaginations, but many times we just think that is not so important and we continue our life without those imaginations that were important when we was a child. So the message is that we have to believe in our imaginations and feel free to do it.

5. Why is this message being sent?

This message is sent to show us how important is the imagination, and it not JUST AN IMAGINATION as we think. We grow up and we forget about the imaginations, we love without imaginations, we forget about what is the freedom that we can imagine, etc. In my opinion, it is a good song to listen and see the lyrics of the song.


1 comment:

  1. I really like this song. It is one of my favourites of the Cranberries.I was like 8 years old and I remember dancing it with my dad who also loves them! Now I remember that and I miss my childhood, not that my life isn´t good right now, but back then you could just use your imagination and dream of anything you wanted (being a princess and having a pink pony).We are so focused on the today that we forget about tomorrow. We need to use our minds and go further than our lifes here, imagine what we could be in the future and dream.

    Thanks for bringing all those memories back to my mind!

    ReplyDelete