Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I made my essay about the stolen generations because  I thougth that it was an extremely important part of the history.  It was also something that I have never heard before in my life and at the same time was something huge.
The stolen generations, as we all know was a tremendous crime against aborigines people in Australia . I would  like to share this internet page thatIi found when I was doing my research about the subject a few weeks ago.
Perhaps the stolen generations did not mean anything , or did not cause any feeling on you because you may felt that it was so distant from your reality. this intenet page and the testimonies made me reflect , feel and understand many thing that books , and documents could not to .

http://stolengenerationstestimonies.com/



2 comments:

  1. I read the page on internet and it is very interesting your point of view related to this topic. I think we need to hear and see the experiences of many people to understand topics like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my essay about stolen generation too. Since the first time that we watched the movie "Rabbit Proof Fence" I knew that I would have to look up information and show what terrible things happened in those years with native´s life and how was the treatment of white people towards Australian aborigines.

    As I wrote in my essay white people were in charge of the destruction of the aboriginal identity in Australia because they think that natives were animals, had no rights, and aborigines were no equal as white people. And nowadays we know it is not like that: we know that native´s culture have helped Australian people to create their own identity.

    Aborigines were humans so, why were they treated like animals? I think that was no reason to stolen native´s children, no reason to take off to their lands or enslaved them because aborigines were men just like white people.

    ReplyDelete