Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lucky man- The Verve


Who created this message?
This song was created by an English rock band named The Verve on 1997.

What creative techniques are used to attract my attention?
Simply the peace that inspires, it relaxes me no matter where I am, or in what mood I am. I don’t know why, but everytime that I listen to it, it makes me smile. I also love the beautiful and poetic  lyrics, which talk about happiness and love.

 How might different people might understand this message differently?
I think that this has to be understood as a way of realizing that no matter how hard we search for our happiness, is right in front of us, or even inside of us.  We have to be aware that the key for what we are looking  for it isn’t in the others or in material things, but in ourselves.

What values, lifestyles and points of view are represented in, or ommited from this message?
It shows us that love and happiness are both fleeting things, but that we will always find it in our minds eventually.

Why this message is being sent?
It’s being sent for the people who think that their own happiness lies on material things, on shallow things, when the truth is, we are lucky for the single fact of being alive.

Paz Allendes. 

2 comments:

  1. Paz, I understand your choice and reasons, but I would like you to say why you don't think this is a conformist song. Does the context of the times when the song was created give you a clue? (think about your own comment on material things). In what way does the video support the message?

    ReplyDelete